british columbia, fishing, boating, social media, affiliate marketing

Do You Have What it Takes to be a Premium Blogger?

• Comments: 25
  • Posted on: December 17th, 2008

Ted Murphy wrote an excellent article on what it takes to join the IZEA Premium Blogger Program.

Design, content and comments are key ingredients, but do you know the statistics which are required to be classed as a premium blogger? I didn’t either, but here they are:

Premium Blogs usually have above 50k unique visitors per month
Premium Blogs usually have above 100k page views per month

If you meet 5 of the ‘third party validation requirements’ and your unique visits are over 50k you may qualify for the Premium Blogger Program!

25 Comments! What do you think? Leave a comment below...
  1. Hannah said on December 17th, 2008 at 3:16 am

I’m so not a Premium Blogger yet! I need to keep writing and tweaking to find my combination!

Hannah’s last blog post..Reading Challenge 2009

2. Jodith said on December 17th, 2008 at 10:07 am

*laughs* I’m lucky to get 3000 unique visitors in a month. I can’t even imagine getting 50K. It’s so far beyond what I even imagine doing.

Of course, 3000 a month is beyond what I imagined doing when I started my blog 10 months ago.

Jodith’s last blog post..8 Tips for using Outlook’s Out of Office Assistant

3. CJ Harley said on December 17th, 2008 at 12:47 pm

No where near that amount of traffic! Maybe some day, but I am not going to hold my breath.

4. Diane Scott said on December 17th, 2008 at 5:07 pm

We’re heading to 20K a month, with several of our WHB networkers well over 20K with a month at 44K even. Just need the right combination to pull a blog together, and a bit of patience and determination :) Thanks for the update, and the criteria for approval :)

5. Steven-Sanders said on December 17th, 2008 at 8:18 pm

I’m getting there. Only a whole lot more to go. Maybe in a couple of months. :)

6. heatherinbeautifulbc said on December 17th, 2008 at 8:58 pm

@Hannah (4 comments.):
    Hannah – it’s good to know though what the benchmarks are!

7. heatherinbeautifulbc said on December 17th, 2008 at 9:03 pm

@Jodith (1 comments.):
    Hey Jodith, thanks for stopping by! It’s amazing isn’t it how your traffic builds the harder you work – sounds like you’ve done really well building your readers!

8. heatherinbeautifulbc said on December 17th, 2008 at 9:10 pm

@CJ Harley (2 comments.):
    CJ, take a look @steven_sanders blog post: http://www.steven-sanders.com/8-ways-to-make-your-blog-sticky/ for some great info on building your readership!

9. heatherinbeautifulbc said on December 17th, 2008 at 9:11 pm

@Diane Scott (10 comments.):
    Hi Dianne, sounds as though you are doing GREAT with your blog. I like knowing what the criteria is as well. I don’t ‘expect’ to get there anytime soon, but it’s interesting!

10. heatherinbeautifulbc said on December 17th, 2008 at 9:12 pm

@Steven-Sanders (2 comments.):
    Hey Steven – it’s good to have a goal!

I’m taking your advice right now by replying to your comment :) Sometimes I get lazy and need a reminder – thanks!

11. Bhing said on December 17th, 2008 at 10:12 pm

Wow! that should be a lot of traffic.. Whew! I know I am still very far on that but I am hoping and trying my best to improve the traffic..

12. heatherinbeautifulbc said on December 17th, 2008 at 10:46 pm

@Bhing (4 comments.):
    Hi Bhing… that seems to be the way… keep on keeping on!

13. Living said on December 18th, 2008 at 4:23 am

Wow, I wish I could get that far! That would be amazing. I think I’d be lucky to get 20 views a day.

14. Owen said on December 18th, 2008 at 5:19 am

Hmm .. 50k uniques a month .. I struggle to hit 5k, so I’ve got a long way to go!

15. NIX74 said on December 18th, 2008 at 6:09 am

Unfortunately my blog is still far away from their requirement. Maybe there will come a time that my blog will meet that require. I have to work hard then.

16. Scott said on December 18th, 2008 at 6:47 am

Well I am not there yet but on my way with increased traffic each month. Maybe in the next 6 months I will be much closer.

17. daria369 said on December 18th, 2008 at 6:51 am

Interesting… the requirements are pretty high and it seems like a lot of bloggers are after reaching them. It’s a nice goal but if I’d have to write for the number of visitors – I wanna go and delete all of my blogs right now…lol

I think it was Jack Canfield who said, “If it’s not fun, don’t do it!”
    My thing is to keep blogging because I enjoy it.
    As far as visitors – yes, I want everyone who would be interested in what I have to say/post – to find my blog.
    Not just thousands of people but millions of them! :)

18. daria369 said on December 18th, 2008 at 6:55 am

BTW, I don’t check my stats too often. My traffic is constantly growing and I’m perfectly happy with that. The rest of the time I’m devoting to creativity (not analyzing).

19. Sadie said on December 18th, 2008 at 7:56 am

lol – I just signed up for Social Spark a few weeks ago… I barely qualify for anything. It’s sad – but it makes me laugh. I made $5 already!! haha… I might get to premium in 8 years or so… :p

20. Maureen said on December 18th, 2008 at 8:29 am

I’m new to blogging as of October, but it seems that things happen very fast! I am enjoying it and the communities are really fun. WHB has been a great help to me and I attribute my fast start to them!

21. cady said on December 18th, 2008 at 8:57 am

i definitely have a long way to go to reach that mark.

cady’s last blog post..Embarrassment

22. Mark said on December 18th, 2008 at 12:11 pm

I would need one hell of a traffic spike to reach that criteria. Good luck to those that do and thanks for the info!

23. vein said on December 18th, 2008 at 2:46 pm

My best blog is closer to 5000 than 50,000 :(

vein’s last blog post..Fisking Puss in Boots

24. corrin said on December 19th, 2008 at 5:23 am

I have to say that blogging has to be your full-time job in order to be a premium bloggers. And that’s great. I’m happy for those people. I wish that were me. But most of us can barely keep up working full-time jobs outside of the house.

25. Fiona said on December 20th, 2008 at 6:21 am

I’m not there yet, but I’m happy for those who had reached the magic numbers. For the moment I just love what I do and do what I love. I’m just try to spread the joy, knowledge and fool’s wisdom I discovered along the way…

Animal Friends